Technical Product Owner
We are looking for a self-motivated Technical Product Owner with previous management experience as well as software developer skills in modern web techniques, taking technical responsibility for our payment service AvainPay. The successful applicant will be working in an agile environment with a talented engineering team.
As Technical Product Owner you’ll have the opportunity to take part in all phases of software development, as you’ll be maintaining and planning the future of a complete product. This includes everything from fixing bugs, planning architecture to scheduling releases and seeing that they’re out on time and within budget.
We are looking for an experienced, quality-minded candidate with excellent social and teamwork skills. You really know what ‘team spirit’ means. You also get your kicks from clean code and have the ability to quickly adapt to new environments. Even though you’ll work as manager, you think getting your hands dirty by digging into piles of code is fun. You are technically competent and can take responsibility for the product yourself, with the team as support. You are able to see the big picture rather than be an expert in one narrow area only. You’re a good organiser and able to manage stress well.
Here is what you will do:
- Work closely with the business managers, lead software designer and other team members to conceptualise ideas, implement new features and fix bugs
- Work both with front-end and back-end technologies
- Design program logic and take part in implementing it
- Support quality assurance, service operations and front-desk teams
- Participate in daily scrums and communicate progress
- Relevant education, preferably university degree in computer science
- Work experience in software development, payment business is a real bonus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, Chinese is seen as huge advantage
- Great problem solving and teamwork skills
- Team worker, flexible, focus on objectives with high standard and quality
- Self-starter and proactive, can do attitude
- Good communication, analytical and positive problem-solving attitude
- Passionate about combining technology, beauty and user experience
- Curious and eager to learn new things
- Keen to work with both customers and developers
We offer you:
- Relaxed atmosphere
- Competitive salary, meal benefit, and comprehensive health insurance
- Support of expert-level colleagues in a dynamic working atmosphere
- Financially sound and internationally growing company
- Flexible working hours and possibility to occasionally work remotely
- Our working language is English and we have office dogs occasionally
Our culture is built on respect, integrity and quality with low hierarchy. We value people who are fun to work with and who have a positive impact on everyone around them. This is a good opportunity to become a member of a rapidly growing company that offers great benefits, advancement opportunities, and a positive work environment.
If you find this appealing, please submit your application along with your CV and salary request with subject Technical Product Owner to jobs[at]avaintec.com no later than 1st of March 2019. For further inquiries, please contact People Operations Manager, Fatbardhe Hetemaj +358 44 553 4333. Note, we’ll start interviewing interesting candidates immediately as applications drop in.
Avaintec Oy combines 22 years of solid expertise in project business with a progressive start-up mindset in a new global SaaS world. We deliver great user experience through service design, easy to use solutions and customer obsessed support. We worship agile product development, easy going atmosphere and big dreams. Our multinational Avaintec family (including over 10 nationalities) is mainly located in four offices: Helsinki (Finland), Hangzhou and Chengdu(China) and Warsaw (Poland).